To make sure you feel safe when working with us, we will be honest about what we do with your information and give you as much control as possible over how your information is shared. Below we explain in detail about how we keep and share information we receive through the Gateway.
Sharing information (Confidentiality)
- If you are a young person under 16 and safe adults aren’t aware of what happened, then we will work with you to find the right adult to support you. This will usually mean sharing some information to keep you safe. We will be honest about what we need to share, listen to your worries and try and use your ideas about the best and safest way to get you the right help.
- We will not share your information with anyone outside of the Women and Girls Network (who run the Gateway) without your permission, unless we have a safeguarding concern. Safeguarding means that you, or someone else, is at risk of significant harm and/or a child or vulnerable adult has been harmed or is at risk of being harmed. If we do need to share information without your consent, we will fully involve you in this process unless to so would put you or others into danger.
- If you ask us to make a referral on your behalf, we will share information with the organisation you are being referred to but only with your consent. We will make sure we have your agreement to share. If you wish, we can send you more information about the confidentiality policies of the organisation that you are being referred to.
Storing your information
- The information that that you share with us, and that we receive from your referral or online enquiry, is stored on the Women and Girls Network’s secure data manage system and processed in line with data protection legislation include the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This helps us keep track of the work you do with us and allows us to provide the best possible service to you without you having to explain your situation every time you speak with us.
- Data will be stored on our secure system for seven years after which time it will be archived and no longer retrievable. You can request to see, amend or delete your data at any time by calling us on 0808 801 8660 or emailing email@example.com.
- We share anonymous statistical data with our funders and partners but this will never include data that could identify you. Data we share includes anonymous demographic data and the type of service received.
Visiting our website
- When you complete an online form to request contact from us, this information is sent directly to our secure data management system and processed as we describe above.
- When you visit our website we use Google Analytics to collect information to help us to understand how people are using our site and to make improvements. We do not use this service for advertising purposes. This information does not include identifiable personal information about you, only your IP address, what pages were viewed for how long, what information was downloaded and the browser used (e.g. Google Chrome). We will not share this information with any third party. Click here for more information about Google’s privacy policies and click here to find out how you can opt out of Google Analytics for all the sites you visit.
- When you complete our feedback form we cannot link this to identifiable information unless you chose to share this in the form. We will use your response to improve our work and we may quote your comments in our evaluation reports. If you chose to provide an email address on this form, we will use this to contact you about future feedback opportunities. This will also be shared with the Mayors Office for Police and Crime (MOPAC) Evaluation and Insight Team who will use to it invite you to participate in further research. It will not be used for any other purpose or shared with any other third party.
The Gateway’s information and data sharing processes are in line with the Women and Girls Network’s policies on Confidentiality, Information Sharing and Safeguarding. If you would like further information on these policies or have any feedback on our information sharing and confidentiality procedures please call us on 0808 801 8660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.